Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Answering questions

I try to predict everything. Which way a car is about to change lanes on the road before it turns on its blinkers to how the stock market is performing. Unfortunately, I've taken this to the max.

Something that I do these days is that I try to answer people's questions before they finish their sentences. For example:

[at the library, holding a book in hand]

Librarian: Are you
Me: yes [hands book over]

But the problem is that this is not entirely perfect. While unlikely the librarian could have been asking me "Are you gay", or "Are you a terrorist" or, God forbid "Are you Ben? I know all about you and read your inspirational blog..." The system breaks down pretty quickly.

I'm trying really hard to answer people's questions after they finish their sentence. Its just I feel like I'm wasting time waiting for them to finish whatever redundant thing they were about to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment